Demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building located at 5119 N Claremont Avenue in Lincoln Square. It is unclear what the owners, filed under Susan and Dinikar Russell and Vinnakota, are planning for site. However, the current zoning designation is RS-3, which allows for detached single-family homes and two-flats. This designation also allows for a maximum height of 30 feet and a floor area ratio of 0.9, meaning that any replacing structure may have a floor area up to 90 percent of the area of the site itself.
The proposed zoning has been approved for a mixed-use, seven-story development at 1623 N Halsted Street on the border of Lincoln Park and Old Town. Located along N Halsted Street, the interior site is between W Concord Place and W Willow Street. The lot is directly north of the CTA Brown Line tracks and is a transit-served location. The immediate area consists of low-rise residential and mixed-use buildings, with a mix of office and restaurants at grade and residential units above. The new development will replace four existing buildings. JDL Development and Logan Ventures are in charge of the development.
Photos show site prep at 133 S Ashland Avenue, a four-story residential building set to rise at the western border of West Loop. Filed under the owner 133 Ashland Land LLC, the planned development will provide 89 units with on-site parking for 120 vehicles with three accessible spaces.
Construction permits have been issued for a four-story residential building, located at 2250 W Jackson Boulevard near the southwest corner of Near West Side. The owner, filed under 2250 W Jackson LLC, has planned four total units, as well as a rooftop deck and detached four-car masonry garage.
Photos show continued work at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, the site of Phoenix Development Partners‘ planned conversion of a 15-story office building into a space for two Hilton hotels. The original 1904 limestone and terra cotta structure was designed by Frost & Granger, and housed offices for both the North Western Railway and City Colleges of Chicago up until its re-designation. As part of the conversion, the developer agreed to rehabilitate the exterior walls of the landmarked buildings in exchange for Class L tax incentives.