The Chicago City Council has approved the mixed-use development proposed at 210 N Aberdeen Street in the West Loop. Consisting of an irregularly-shaped site, the property consists of an empty lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and N Aberdeen Street, the historic Arthur Harris Building along N Aberdeen Street located in the Fulton-Randolph Market Historic District, and a few one-story masonry buildings behind Arthur Harris fronting N May Street. LG Development Group is the developer behind the proposal.
Both interior and exterior work is currently underway for the adaptive reuse of the 13-story Bridgeview Bank Building, located at 4753 N Broadway Avenue in Uptown. Previously known as the Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, the classically-styled structure was initially built at eight stories in 1925 before four additional floors were constructed in 1928. In 2007, the structure received landmark designation, before it was bought by Cedar St. Companies for $19 million in 2019.
This week, renovation permits were issued to an existing two-story masonry building located at 7215 S Ridgeland Avenue in South Shore. The occupying owner Kim Russell plans to add a third unit to the basement portion, while also refurbishing the rest of the building. Other improvements include new drywall, new finishes and interior alterations, a replacement of the rear porch, and upgrades to the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
Structural work has reached the third floor of a 12-story mixed-use building known as “Gild,” developed by Newcastle Limited at 1210 N State Parkway. Harkening to the surrounding Gold Coast neighborhood, the building will comprise of 89 residences atop 18,000 square feet of retail.
Updated renderings have been revealed for the approved Howard Brown Health Clinic at 3501 N Halsted Street in Boystown. Sited on a corner lot, the project site is located at the corner of N Halsted Street and W Cornelia Avenue. The property is currently occupied by a one-story retail structure.