Structural work has topped out for the eight-story life sciences center known as ALLY at 1229 W Concord Place. This 320,000 square-foot development by Sterling Bay is the first phase of the gargantuan Lincoln Yards master plan, which will ultimately span 55 acres along Chicago’s North Branch Corridor.
Initial details have been revealed for a mixed-use development at 3831 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located on the corner with N Avers Avenue, the new construction will replace a series of city-owned empty lots and three empty one-story masonry clad industrial buildings the developer now owns. The project is being led by 548 Development, who has worked on various Invest South/West proposals, with local firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative working on its modern design.
A demolition permit was approved last week to remove a two-story, mixed-use building along with a detached frame garage, located at 3457 N Milwaukee Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood. The permit’s owner has been listed as E and O Builders Inc.
Demolition permits have now been issued for a three-story building at 140 N Ashland Avenue in Near West Side, where developer Marquette Companies has planned a 12-story mixed-use building. The to-be-demolished edifice formerly housed the Women’s Treatment Center, which has since relocated as part of a downsizing. Its replacement will integrate with an adjacent 1920s-era brick and limestone building, offering 210 apartments in total.
Further details have been revealed for a hospital addition at 900 W Nelson Street in Lake View East. The expansion will be for the Illinois Masonic Hospital which has been slowly re-designing and expanding its existing campus as demand rises and technology changes. The multi-phase plan is being developed by the hospital with SmithGroup working on the building’s design, which was recently submitted for approval from the Illinois Health Facilities and Services review board.