This week, YIMBY stopped by the former Pennsylvania Railroad terminal building at Fulton Market Distict’s 375 N Morgan Street, where a partial demolition has taken place. This wrecking work is set to clear the way for a new Guinness Brewery to be co-developed by Guinness and Fred Latsko. The adaptive re-use of the original structure will make way for a 10-barrel brewery and taproom, and will accommodate an Irish-themed restaurant component that sources local chefs.
Demolition permits have been issued for a one-story masonry building located at 812 W Adams Street in the Near West Side neighborhood. The permit owners have been listed as Rogers Park Holdings LLC and the building is being demolished to make way for an upcoming mixed-use development. The site will include the demolition of several other existing structures to allow for full development headed by Luxe Suites Chicago LLC.
Since December’s countdown update, facade work has reached the finish line for 1045 on Fulton, a 12-story mixed-use development along West Loop‘s Fulton Market corridor. Co-developed by Fulton St. Companies and Intercontinental Real Estate, the 147-foot-tall edifice will be anchored by 6,500 square feet of ground-floor retail, topped by 11 floors and approximately 130,000 square feet of boutique office space. The retail segment will offer 150 feet of frontage along W Fulton Market and its cross street of N Aberdeen Street.
Initial plans have been revealed for a new training facility for the Chicago Fire Football Club near 1459 W Roosevelt Road in the Near West Side. The project would replace a majority of the northern half of Addams/Medill Park bound by W Roosevelt Road, S Loomis Street, W 14th Street, and S Ashland Avenue. The project is being led by Chicago Fire owner Joe Mansueto after failing a first attempt to locate the facility in Belmont Cragin which would have employed 220 people a day. At the moment the design architect has not been revealed.
A demolition permit was filed this week for a three-story frame residence along with a detached frame garage located at 4222 N Greenview Avenue in the Lake View neighborhood. The permit’s owners have been listed as Trianna LLC and NCB 4222 Greenview LLC.