Exterior construction has completed for Trammell Crow Company’s 400 N Aberdeen, a new 16-story development by Trammell Crow Company, situated just north of the Fulton Market District in West Town. This mixed-use project serves as the second phase to the developer’s Fulton Labs campus, whose first installment was the 14-story “West End on Fulton” at 1375 W Fulton Market Street. This latest addition to the expanding campus is primarily made up of offices with built in lab spaces, meant to gear towards biotechnology and life science companies. Other programming includes ground-level retail, a large open lobby, a 175-car parking garage, and a suite of office amenities.
Initial details have been revealed for a new residential development at 1026 W Jackson Boulevard in the West Loop. Located near the intersection with S Morgan Street, the new structure will replace the existing two-story manufacturing plant of the Bays Corporation, famous for their English Muffins, and its adjacent parking lot. Developer Belgravia Group is behind the project, who is also responsible for CA6 Condos building rising nearby, with Sullivan Goulette Wilson Architects leading the design.
A new permit has been issued for a three-story residential building located at 327 S Leavitt Street in the Near West Side neighborhood. The permit’s owners have been listed as Sustainabuild LLC. Per plans, the construction will be comprised of three total dwelling units each outfitted with rear porches. The building will feature a basement and a detached three-car garage. Both structures will be equipped with shared rooftop decks. The construction will replace an existing frame structure.
Quickly rising in the Illinois Medical District is the 22-story mixed-use high rise at 513 S Damen Avenue. Developer Marquette Companies has planned for 1,000 square feet of retail, above which will be 279 rental apartments. These dwellings will be laid out as studios, junior one-bedrooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms.
The Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals has approved a mixed-use project at 1800 W Berenice Avenue in North Center. Located on the intersection with N Ravenswood Avenue, the site is currently occupied by a two-story building housing a small theater group and is bound by CTA tracks to the west and Metra tracks to the east. Landrosh Development is the firm behind the project with Sullivan Goulette Wilson Architects working on the design which received zoning approval last year.