Developer Shapack Partners has revealed initial plans for a new mixed-use development at 1353 W Fulton Street in the West Loop. The high-rise joins a variety of new residential buildings proposed and built north of Lake Street and will sit on the southwest corner of W Fulton Street and N Ada Street replacing a one-story existing building and its attached parking lot. Directly east of the new West End Fulton office building, the tower will allow current tenants to continue operations on the site until mid-next year, this includes the leasing office for the nearby 1400 W Randolph residential tower.
A combination of glass, metal, and brick can be seen enveloping a new 12-story mixed-use development known as “1045 on Fulton Market,” located in Fulton Market District. Fulton Street Companies and Intercontinental Real Estate are co-developers behind the boutique project, having planned over 130,000 square feet of rentable space in the West Loop.
A permit was approved last week for a new three-story residential building to be located at 2121 N Magnolia Avenue in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. The owner is listed as Chicago Greystone Development-Magnolia and plans indicate this project will yield three total units along with a detached three-car garage. The structure will also have a rooftop deck with an access stair. The development will replace a previous structure on the site.
With nearly all of its glazing installed, the 50-story skyscraper at 320 S Canal Street, aka BMO Tower, can now be seen in its final form along the Chicago skyline. Co-developed by Riverside Investment & Development alongside Convexity Properties, the 727-foot-tall behemoth is one of the city’s tallest new structures, let alone office buildings. The structure is situated in West Loop Gate directly south of the iconic Union Station, and is replacing a former parking and retail structure.
The Chicago City Council has approved landmark designation of the Muddy Waters House at 4339 S Lake Park Avenue in North Kenwood. The brick-cladded two-flat was built in 1891 near the lake, and eventually became the home of McKinley Morganfield, aka Muddy Waters, between 1965 to 1973. As YIMBY previously reported, the home fulfilled various categories needed for the designation and has now cleared the final hurdle to win landmark recognition.