The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has granted approval for demolition of the existing structure at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the demolition of an existing one-story bank with drive-through will make way for the construction of a new five-story building with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The development is being led by L3 Capital.
Construction permits have been issued for a two-story residential building at 6154 S St. Lawrence Avenue in West Woodlawn. The owner, filed under 6154-6156 S St Lawrence, LLC, is planning two total units, a basement, and a detached two-car garage.
The newly approved 35-story residential tower at 40 W Oak Street takes the 16th spot in YIMBY’s Chicago’s tallest development countdown. The 466-foot-tall tower will rise at the northwest corner of the intersection of N Dearborn Street and W Oak Street in Rush & Division. The project site includes the existing Warren-Barr pavilion. The rehabilitative care center will remain on its site, with 50 parking spaces in the tower set aside specifically for visitors of the facility. Developer Nahla Capital is in charge of the project.
Zoning has been approved for a four-story mixed-use building at 2107-11 W Caton Street in Wicker Park. The owner, Sean McKeough, is planning ground-floor retail, with eight residential units on the three floors above. Additional features will include a rooftop deck and stair enclosure, as well as an attached eight-car garage.