Conversion work is nearing completion for the Phoenix Development Partners project at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, where the developer has planned to convert a former 14-story office building into two separate hotels. The original 238,000-square-foot edifice was constructed in 1904 and is classified as a National Historic Landmark. Prior to the conversion, the structure housed the headquarters of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, then later the headquarters for the City Colleges of Chicago.
The Chicago City Council has approved the landmark status for the Pentecostal Church of Holiness in North Lawndale. Formerly named Our Lady of Lourdes, the church is located at 4208 W 15th Street, at the intersection of W 15th Street and S Keeler Avenue. Originally constructed in 1932, the structure was designed by architect Louis Guenzel.
Full construction permits have been issued for a new five-story residential development set for 2212 W Lawrence Avenue in Lincoln Square. The permit was filed under the name Deanna Zivkovic of Zivkovic Family Holdings LLC, and will include ten total residential units. Additional features to accompany the building will be a rooftop stairway enclosure, five bike stalls, a three-car attached garage, and an additional four exterior parking spaces located on a concrete slab. Currently, the site is occupied by a parking lot.
Exterior work is close to the finish line at AMLI 808, a 17-story mixed-use building developed by AMLI in Near North Side. Located at 808 N Wells Street, the 225-foot-tall tower will house expansive ground-level retail and 318 apartments on the upper floors.