The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Pilgrim Baptist Church in Bronzeville. Located at 3301 S Indiana Avenue, the church is sited at the intersection of S Indiana Avenue and E 33rd Street. Originally built as a synagogue by Adler & Sullivan in 1891, the church was destroyed by fire in 2006, with only the stone exterior walls remaining. The structure was designated as a Chicago landmark in 1981.
Permits have been issued for a three-story residential building located at 4420 S Prairie Avenue in the Bronzeville neighborhood. The listed owner Vincent Keane plans three total units as well as a three-car garage. The new development will replace a vacant lot just south of the Prairie & 44th Street intersection.
Permits have been issued for a two-story residential building at 4047 S Prairie Avenue in Bronzeville. The owner of the currently vacant lot, filed under St 98 Holdings LLC, has planned two residential units, with an additional basement, rear wood deck and stairs, and a detached two-car garage.
Construction permits have been issued for a two-story residential building at 4041 S Prairie Avenue, located in Bronzeville. The Owner, listed under St 98 Holdings LLC, is planning two units within the project, as well as a basement, rear wood deck and stairs, and a two-car garage. The site is currently occupied by an empty lot, though its exact boundaries could not be discerned.
With approval from the Community Development Commission, the Chicago Department of Planning & Development has issued four Request for Proposals for sites across neighborhoods in southern and western Chicago, as part of the INVEST South/West initiative. The four sites are located in Bronzeville, North Lawndale, New City, and South Chicago.