Construction has reached the third floor of a six-story mixed-use building located at 1123 W Randolph Street in West Loop. Interra Realty is the developer behind the project, with plans to include retail space on the first two floors, and nine apartments on the four above floors. Atop the sixth floor will also be an 740-square-foot amenity rooftop deck for residents.
Construction permits have been issued for a two-story mixed-use building at 4245 S Wells Street in Fuller Park. The filing owner, listed as Chicago Title Land Trust, plans retail space on the ground floor, with one residential unit above. The new structure is set to replace a currently vacant lot, that was re-designated from B3-1 (Community Shopping District) to Cl-1 (Neighborhood Commercial District) in 2013.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the preliminary landmark recommendation for the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.
Demolition permits have been issued for a single-story warehouse/office building and an accompanying single-story guard shack, located at 1241 W Division Street in West Town. Lying just across the river from Goose Island, the masonry and frame structures form part of a larger property that is zoned for PMD-2 (Planned Manufacturing District). The owner Peoples Gas has in turn constructed new business facilities on a separate section of this 15-acre plot.