The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark Grant for the Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church of Chicago. Located at 2614 N Kedzie Avenue in Logan Square, the historic church is located between W Wrightwood Avenue and N Milwaukee Avenue overlooking Logan Square Park.
Permits have been issued for a three-story residential building set for 319 S Washtenaw Avenue in East Garfield Park. Set to replace a currently vacant lot, the project is being developed by KPG Chicago LLC, whose plans include three total units, a rear steel staircase, and a three-car parking pad.
Zoning has been approved for the adaptive reuse of the former Morton Salt Warehouse Complex. Located at 1357 N Elston Avenue in West Town, the former manufacturing complex is bound by the north branch of the Chicago river to the east, N Elston Avenue to the west, and W Blackhawk Street to the north. Blue Star Properties is developing the project in collaboration with R2 Companies.
Glass installation is nearly complete for Monroe Laflin Place, a four-story apartment building planned for 104 S Laflin Street in West Loop. Developed by Tom Meador, the development will yield 51 total units.
Three separate demolition permits have been issued for three adjacent residential` buildings, located at 4115-23 N Whipple Street in Irving Park. Collectively owned by MK Construction & Builders Inc, all three of the structures are frame. Each property also has a detached frame garage that will also undergo demolition. While it is unclear what the owner has planned for the parcels, each is zoned for RS-3 Residential Single-Unit District, which allows for detached single family homes and two-flats. RS-3 also permits a maximum height of 30 feet and a floor area ratio of 0.9, whereby any replacing structure may have up to 90 percent of the square footage of the lot itself.