The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 301 S Green Street in the West Loop. Located on the corner with W Jackson Boulevard, the new structure will replace a parking lot and one-story industrial building in the quickly growing area that has seen most of its growth north of W Randolph Street. Co-led by GSP Development and Golub & Company, the tower is being designed by Goettsch Partners who have made a new round of changes after input from various city agencies.
The Vautravers Building at 947 W Newport Avenue in Lake View has undergone additional work since it was lifted and moved last year. The historic three-story edifice was shifted west by 30 feet to accommodate the new tracks for the Red-Purple Modernization project. At 1,000 tons, the structure was prepared by using a system of jacks and bracing which were staged beneath the building, with ongoing, along with the installation of new copper paneling along the exterior.
Permits were issued this month for the construction of a four-story mixed-use building which will be located at 1775 N Clybourn Avenue in Lincoln Park. The permit owner is listed as Michael Breheny, and the scope includes retail on the first floor, and four residential units across the second through third floors, and office space on the fourth floor. Terraces will be included at the front of the building on the second, third, and fourth floors. There will also be a communal deck on the roof. There will also be a rear four-vehicle garage with its own roof deck. The lot is currently vacant.
Now that structural work has reached the 25th floor, glass and metal cladding are beginning to take shape on CMK Companies’ 1400 S Wabash Avenue, a 30-story mixed-use high rise in South Loop. The tower will be 350 feet tall and include ground-level retail space as well as 299 rental units.
The Chicago Community Development Commission has approved initial funding for the mixed-use development at 3831 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located just east of the intersection with N Pulaski Road, the new structure will replace an empty lot and three masonry industrial buildings that currently occupy the space. Led by 548 Development who is working on similar projects through the Invest South/West initiative, the proposal is being designed by local firm Lamar Johnson Collaborative with the community in mind.