Excavation and initial drilling is moving along for a new 18-story residential tower at 1044 W Van Buren Street, located just north of I-290 in West Loop. Developer Tandem has planned for 196 rental apartments atop ground-level retail. This new development will replace a formerly empty lot while also adding to an emerging high-rise cluster at the southern end of the neighborhood.
Updated plans have been revealed for an upcoming sporting facility for the Chicago Fire Football Club near 1459 W Roosevelt Road in the Near West Side. Replacing most of what is now Addams/Medill Park, the new project is being led in collaboration with the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) who is in charge of the Roosevelt Square masterplan the proposal would be a part of. Most of the new construction will be focused on the north-end of the park and help fund renovation for surrounding housing structures, as a way to help revitalize the area just south of the Illinois Medical District, our coverage on the initial announcement can be found here.
A demolition permit was issued yesterday for a two-story multi-unit building and an accompanying frame garage located at 3558 S Parnell Avenue in the Bridgeport neighborhood. The owner is listed as Joseph Skiba. At the time of this writing, no plans have been submitted to upgrade any of the zoning designations for this property and there are no pending permits for any future constructions.
Exterior construction has crossed the finish line for a two-building development by The Community Builders and McCaffrey in Near South Side. Known as 23rd Place at Southbridge, this undertaking represents the first phase of a…
The Chicago City Council has approved a new residential development at 2414 N Sawyer Avenue in Logan Square. Located just north of the intersection with W Fullerton Avenue, the new project replaces a vacant lot adjacent to a historical courtyard building behind the Social Security Administration office. Developer P3 Properties is working with local design firm McGrath Architects on the new building, which will mark an end to the over 50 years that the site has remained empty.