A foundation and shell permit has been issued for a new single-story warehouse building at 3740 S Morgan Avenue in Bridgeport. IDIL 3700 Morgan LLC is the filing owner, whose planned structure will stand 43 feet and span nearly 180,000 square feet. While currently an empty lot, the parcel at one point housed a now-demolished masonry warehouse building.
The Chicago Plan Commission will review a proposed mixed-use development located at 1400 S Wabash Avenue in the South Loop. The is bounded by S Wabash Avenue to the east, a seven-story building to the south, the CTA L tracks to the west, and a four-story building and surface parking lot to the north. Currency a vacant surface parking lot, the property includes an easement from where 14th Street used to cut through it. The developer behind the proposal is CMK Companies.
Move-ins have kicked off for 12 four-story townhomes, located at 1648 W Division Street in Wicker Park. Planned by Vermillion Development, the new construction represents the second phase and final phase of a broader development known as Alcove Wicker Park. The project represents Wicker Park’s largest new townhome and condominium development in 15 years.
Construction permits have been issued for a new place of worship at 2825 W Howard Street at the northern edge of West Ridge. Baruch Epstein of Lubavitch Chabad of Illinois is the filing owner, whose planned development will rise two stories and will include a basement level. The new construction is set to replace a vacant lot, so no demolition permits will be needed.
Retail leasing has begun for the first phase of the Ogden Commons megadevelopment, situated in the North Lawndale neighborhood. The three-story commercial building, located at 2650 W Ogden Avenue, has been developed by The Habitat Company in partnership with Sinai Health System. The first floor will house retail space for Wintrust Bank, Momentum Coffee, and Ja’Grill, while the upper two floors will provide outpatient service space for Sinai Health System. Prior to the new construction, the site was occupied by a vacant lot.