The Permit Review Committee, a secondary committee for the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the new development at 1810 N Wells Street in Old Town Triangle. The site is located on an interior lot along N Wells Street, between N Lincoln Avenue and W Menomonee Street. The 22, 36, and 73 CTA Routes can be accessed at the Clark and Lincoln bus stop, within a one-minute walk away. The Sedgwick CTA L station, serviced by the Brown and Purple Lines, is an 11-minute walk away. Chicago Development Partners is the developer behind the project.
Demolition permits have been filed for a two-story residential building in West Chicago’s South Austin neighborhood.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the new Chicago Park District headquarters at 4830 S Western Avenue in Brighton Park. Located on a vacant lot, the development will fill up an entire block bounded by W 48th Street to the north, S Western Avenue to the east, the CTA Orange Line tracks to the south, and S Rockwell Street to the west. The Western CTA L station, serviced by the Orange Line, can be accessed at the southeast corner of the site.
Photos of 1200 N State Parkway in Gold Coast show the recent demolition of a series of buildings. Developer Newcastle Limited is planning an 11-story mixed-use building at the site that borders the Rush & Division neighborhood.
Demolition permits were issued last week to clear a two-story residential building at 1357 N Dean Street in Wicker Park. The structure was not subject to emergency removal, but had experienced a fire with no resulting injuries late last year, according to a tweet by Chicago Fire Media.