Today, YIMBY has new photos showcasing construction progress at Cunningham Hall, a nine-story residential building originally designed in 1955 by famous German architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, at the Illinois Institute of Technology. Located at 3100 S Michigan Avenue on the northeastern edge of the main campus in Bronzeville, the structure was built by Mies van der Rohe as part of his campus plan and used as on-campus apartments. The nearest CTA L station is the 35th-Bronzeville-IIT stop, serviced by the Green Line, a five-minute walk away. You can catch the 31, 1, or 4 CTA bus at the corner of E 31st Street and S Michigan Avenue, steps from the property. Illinois Institute of Technology is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Permits have been filed for a three-story residential building at 1107 N Paulina Street in the East Village neighborhood. The site currently shares a single building with the adjacent 1109 N Paulina Street address.
Construction has begun on two residential buildings as part of the larger Southbridge development in the Near South Side near Chinatown. The six-story structures are addressed as 2310 S State Street and 2344 S State Street. The master-planned development will create over 900 affordable housing units to serve the southern side of Chicago, replacing the previous Harold Ickes Homes demolished in 2010. The site has frontage along State Street between W 23rd Street and W 24th Street. The nearest public transportation is the 29 CTA bus line running past the development on State Street with stops at 23rd and 24th Streets. Additionally, the Cermak-McCormick Place CTA station, serviced by the Green Line, is a five-minute walk away.
YIMBY stopped by 167 North Green Street earlier this month to check up on the new 17-story, 725,000-square-foot office development in West Loop. The site is located less than two blocks south of Fulton Market‘s central spine, which has seen a number of high-profile projects recently, many of which also contain office space.
Permits were filed this week for a four-story development at 1733 Mohawk Street in Near North Side‘s Old Town neighborhood. The narrow site is located along the tree-capped N Mohawk Street, on the block between W Eugenie Street and W Menomonee Street.