Updated photos show the addition of mosaic-like cladding near the southwest side of Catalog, a near-complete three-story structure surrounding the base of Willis Tower in The Loop. This cladding marks the final exterior piece of EQ Group‘s 300,000-square-foot project at 233 S Wacker Drive, which houses updated tenant and visitor entrances, restaurants, and a third-floor meeting area by meeting space company Convene. Convene’s venue will offer tenants more than 90,000 square feet of rentable gathering areas. Atop the new structure is also 30,000 square feet of green space, accessible from the fourth floor of the original structure.
Demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building located at 1511 W 59th Street in West Englewood. First Allegiance is the owner behind the multi-unit residential edifice, although plans for the site currently remain unknown. The zoning designation of B3-1 would allow for larger retail storefronts and a maximum height of 38 feet. B3-1’s floor area ratio is 1.2, which permits any structure’s floor area to be 1.2 times the area of the total property.
The approved two-tower development at 400 N Lake Shore Drive breaks into the top five in Chicago’s tallest developments countdown. Located on the former Chicago Spire site, the lot is bound by the Chicago River to the south and Lake Shore Drive to the east. Both the Zoning Committee and Chicago City Council have approved the updated plans for the project at 400 N Lake Shore Drive in Streeterville, allowing it to move forward. Related Midwest is developing 400 N Lake Shore Drive.
Exterior cladding has begun for the western portion of Peoria Green, a six-story condominium project in West Loop. With the dual addresses of 123 S Peoria Street and 128 S Green Street, the project fits into a narrow lot directly west of the 2.7-acre Mary Bartelme Park.
Multiple construction permits have been issued for two joint residential buildings, located at 1239-41 S Fairfield Avenue in Douglas Park. The currently vacant lot, set to house both structures, is owned by East Douglas Partners LLC. Each edifice will stand three stories and house three apartment units. Landscaping for each building will include a six-foot-tall wooden fence and a three-car parking pad, for a total of six spaces.