Initial details have been revealed to the Committee on Design for a residential development at 301 S Green Street in the West Loop. Located on the south east corner W Jackson Boulevard, the new high rise will replace two low rise masonry commercial buildings and its parking lot. The team behind the building consist of co-developers GSP Development as well as GOLUB & Company with local architecture firm Goettsch Partners working on the design.
Construction has reached the third floor for a four-story condominium building at 2215 N Halsted Street in Lincoln Park. Prior to construction, the project site was occupied by a two-story brick building. Developed by 2215 Halsted Glascott FLP, the nearly completed replacement will include eight total residences, along with parking for 12 vehicles. Four of the spaces are to be housed within a detached garage, while the remaining spots will be located in an underground garage.
A permit was issued this week for a new three-story residential building at 2240 W Jackson Boulevard in the Near West Side neighborhood. The owner and developer are listed on the permit as Arista Development LLC. There will be a total of three three-bedroom, two-bathroom units clocking in at roughly 1,500 square feet of useable space apiece. The second- and third-floor units will be outfitted with rear decks, and the first-floor unit will have a private patio. The build will also feature a detached three-car masonry garage.
Brickwork and glass installation is now nearing the top of 345 N Morgan Street, an 11-story mixed-use development in West Loop’s Fulton Market district. Under development by Sterling Bay, the 200,000 square feet of programming includes ground-floor retail and offices on the above floors.
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events has announced the completion of the restoration of the Grand Army of the Republic rotunda and hall in The Loop. Located within the Chicago Cultural Center at 78 E Washington Street, the 125-year-old dome and hall were completed in 1897 in what was then the city’s main public library after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Thanks to a large special grant, the city was able to partner with Harboe Architects and Daprato Rigali studios to execute the year-long process that deployed cutting edge technology to peel back the layers to the building’s past.