As concrete and steel continue to rise, the podium is now taking shape for a planned 73-story residential tower known as 1000M, located at 1000 S Michigan Avenue in South Loop. At a revised height of 788 feet, the skyscraper is currently one of Chicago’s tallest active construction projects, helping to expand city’s skyline further south. After a 20-month stall, developer trio JK Equities, Time Equities, and Oak Capitals have updated their condominium plans to 738 rental units, ranging in size from studios up through three-bedrooms.
The Chicago City Council has approved a new residential development at 1800 W 17th Street in Pilsen. Located west of the intersection with W Wood Street, the new proposal replaces an empty lot in a heavily residential area not too far from the National Museum of Mexican Art, and just south of Union Pacific Global yard and tracks. Developer SBSS Holdings LLC is working with local design firm Hanna Architects, who are known for their small-scale neighborhood projects across the city, on the new multi-unit property in the bustling neighborhood.
Demolition permits were issued just yesterday for the removal of a frame two-story multi-unit building located at 2225 W Huron Street in the West Town neighborhood. The demo will also include a detached frame garage. All Concrete Chicago Inc will be acting as the demolition contractor on this project.
The Chicago City Council has approved a mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in Fulton Market as well as a commercial development at 1132 W Blackhawk Street on Goose Island. Both projects were recently approved by the Plan Commission as well late last month, they will now be able to apply for construction permits and schedule a forthcoming groundbreaking. 170 N Green Street is a joint project from partner developers CRG and Shapack Partners, while 1132 W Blackhawk Street is being proposed by the Mars-Wrigley Company.
Construction permits have been issued for a new six-story independent senior living building located at 833 W Wilson Avenue in Near North Side. The 71-foot-tall structure will replace a currently empty lot just west of Clarendon Community Center and the broader Montrose park area.