Demolition has begun at 901 N Halsted Street on Goose Island for Halsted Pointe, a multi-phase, mixed-use development by Onni Group. The development will replace the existing Greyhound bus terminal and introduce the island’s first high-rise skyscraper.
Chicago YIMBY checked in on the innovative Wild Mile at 905 W Eastman Street near Goose Island after its first operational summer. Located directly behind the Lincoln Park REI store near the Big Deahl development that is currently under construction, the small park is only part of a larger proposal aiming at reinventing the Chicago River’s north branch. Nonprofit Urban Rivers is leading the charge for the SOM designed masterplan, of which the park is only the first phase opening late last year with this summer being its first full season.
The Chicago City Council has approved a mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in Fulton Market as well as a commercial development at 1132 W Blackhawk Street on Goose Island. Both projects were recently approved by the Plan Commission as well late last month, they will now be able to apply for construction permits and schedule a forthcoming groundbreaking. 170 N Green Street is a joint project from partner developers CRG and Shapack Partners, while 1132 W Blackhawk Street is being proposed by the Mars-Wrigley Company.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new commercial facility at 1132 W Blackhawk Street on Goose Island. Located on the northernmost end of the island, the new building will be replacing an existing parking lot west of the intersection with N Cherry Avenue. The project will be for the Mars-Wrigley Corporation, one of the largest confectionery manufacturers in the world, as they commit to growing their presence in the Chicago region after the closure of one of their suburban plants. The new research and development hub will become the company’s largest at their global headquarters.
Initial details have been revealed for the redevelopment of an existing commercial building at 900 N North Branch Street on Goose Island. Located just west of the intersection with N Halsted Street, the existing masonry-clad, industrial-style building most famously housed local culinary school Kendall College for many years and is now being pivoted as class A office space. Owner and developer W.P. Carey is working with Madison Rose on the project and are currently in the selection process for an architect to execute the renovations.