The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Pentecostal Church of Holiness in North Lawndale. Formerly named Our Lady of Lourdes, the church is located at 4208 W 15th Street, at the intersection of W 15th Street and S Keeler Avenue. Originally constructed in 1932, the structure was designed by architect Louis Guenzel.
Chicago City Council
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.
The Chicago City Council has fully approved a mixed-use development for Westhaven Park Phase IID in Near West Side. Located at 1959 W Lake Street, the project site fronts N Damen Avenue spanning from W Lake Street to W Maypole Avenue. The property is located adjacent to the CTA Green Line tracks where a new Damen station is expected. Brinshore Development and The Michaels Organization are the developers behind the proposal.
The Chicago City Council has fully approved a mixed-use development located at 1229 W Randolph Street in West Loop. Located at the intersection of W Randolph Start and N Willard Court, the corner lot currently houses a two-story masonry building. Thor Equities is the developer behind the proposal.
Chicago City Council has fully approved a mixed-use development located at 160 N Elizabeth Street in West Loop. Located at the intersection of W Randolph Street and N Elizabeth Street, the project site is currently occupied by two masonry buildings. The property is bound by a public alley to the north, N Elizabeth Street to the east, W Randolph Street to the south, and a one-story commercial building to the west. Moceri + Roszak is the developer behind the project.