Initial plans have been revealed for a community garden at 2133-35 W Charleston Street in Bucktown. Located just east of the intersection with N Leavitt Street, the proposal will replace a now vacant lot which once held a century-old workers cottage that was torn down by the previous owner. Now a group of neighbors are hoping to strike a deal with the current developer who is willing to sell for the right plan. While the designer has not been disclosed, the community is moving towards their first community meeting soon.
Facade installation can be seen making substantial progress for the glassy new life sciences center known as ALLY at 1229 W Concord, the first building in Sterling Bay’s 55-acre Lincoln Yards mega-development along the North Branch of Chicago River.
Work is nearing the finish line for the first phase of construction at Belgravia Group and LMC’s Triangle Square along the North Branch Corridor in Bucktown. The three-building masterplan designed by Lamar Johnson Collaborative, is bound by N Elston Avenue, W Webster Avenue, and the Metra tracks. Combined, this staggered development will yield a total of 370 residences, 56,000 square feet of commercial space, and 343 parking spaces. Two of the three buildings are currently in their final stages of construction, while the third commercial building is awaiting for work to begin.
The Chicago City Council has approved an adaptive reuse plan to convert a convent building into apartments at 2219 N Hamilton Avenue in Bucktown. Located on the grounds of Saint Hedwig Catholic Church, the former convent building is located at the intersection of N Hamilton Avenue and W Webster Avenue. Chedid Properties is the developer behind the project.