The historic “Chicago Tribune” sign has been reinstalled at the rapidly progressing Tribune Tower Residences in Magnificent Mile. Previously occupied by the Chicago Tribune since its initial construction in 1925, the 34-story landmark was sold in 2018 upon the publication’s relocation to One Prudential Plaza. Co-developers CIM Group and Golub & Company are now converting the Gothic Revival icon at 435 N Michigan Avenue to house 162 condominiums alongside retail at the base and a swath of residential amenities.
Construction is approaching completion for the condominium and retail conversion of the landmarked 34-story Tribune Tower, located at 435 N Michigan Avenue along Magnificent Mile. CIM Group and Golub & Company have planned the renovation of the tower, built in 1925 in the Gothic Revival style. The Chicago Tribune occupied the building up until it relocated to One Prudential Plaza in 2018. The new plans for the tower include 47,500 square feet of retail in the base, 162 condominiums, and 55,000 square feet of amenities.
Renovation work is well underway and approaching completion at the base of 500 N Michigan Avenue, which is located along Magnificent Mile, aka Michigan Avenue, just north of the river. Skidmore Owings & Merrill originally designed this 24-story modernist structure, completed in 1968.