Construction can now be seen rising above grade for a two-story clubhouse addition to Bronzeville‘s Prairie Shores apartments. Nestled on the site of a former parking lot between Prairie Shores’ 2901 and 2951 towers, the new structure will be addressed as 2937 S Martin Luther King Drive. The development is part of a broader plan to renovate the five-building complex, which involves the makeover of 1,675 units, existing common spaces, and landscaping.
The Chicago Parks District has broken ground on a renovation of Margaret Hie Ding Lin Park located at 1735 S State Street in the South Loop. Joining the Parks District on the project is DePaul University as a part of its commitment to the neighborhood and use of nearby Wintrust Arena. Built in 1970, the 0.27-acre park has gained fame locally and nationally for its basketball court under the CTA Orange Line tracks and has had famed players like Michael Jordan and Derrick Rose play on its grounds.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building located at 6132 S Kimbark Avenue in Woodlawn. The listed owner, McInerney Builders, plans for six total residences and six open parking spaces in the rear. Prior to development, the property has been occupied by a vacant grass lot.
Plans have been revealed for a new mixed-use development at 3601 N California Avenue in Irving Park. Developer Lexington Homes has partnered up with architects Pappageorge Haymes to bring a total of 357 units to the former seven-acre home of DePaul College Prep along the north branch of the Chicago River. Bound by N California Avenue to the west and W Addison Street to the south, the existing campus will be demolished and replaced with an apartment building and 88 townhomes.
Glass, metal, and brick continues to envelope the 12-story mixed-use building known as 1045 on Fulton Market currently underway in West Loop‘s Fulton Market District. The 150,000-square-foot development, planned by Fulton Street Companies alongside Intercontinental Real Estate is set to house a combination of ground-level retail and office space on the upper floors. The new structure, officially addressed as 1045 W Fulton Market, is replacing a former parking lot and single-story masonry building.