An official groundbreaking has been held for the mixed-use development at 1134 S Wood Street in the Illinois Medical District. Located near the intersection with W Roosevelt Road, it replaces an existing surface parking lot belonging to one of the developers. That being the Chicago Lighthouse, a local non-profit, who is partnering with Brinshore Development and Landon Bone Baker Architects on the first-of-its-kind building.
This week, an initial caisson permit was issued for a 12-story mixed-income residential tower in Near West Side. Located at 145 N Damen Avenue, the building has been dubbed “Westhaven Park IID” to reflect its status as Phase II Part D of the broader Westhaven Park masterplan. The multi-stage development has been planned by Brinshore Development and The Michaels Organization, replacing the former Henry Horner Homes that once occupied the site.
Construction permits have been issued for a new six-story independent senior living building located at 833 W Wilson Avenue in Near North Side. The 71-foot-tall structure will replace a currently empty lot just west of Clarendon Community Center and the broader Montrose park area.
With its outer walls now in place, a five-story mixed-use building is awaiting final facade work at 2709 W Division Street in West Town. Planned by Brinshore Development, the structure will provide a total of 24 residential units atop a theater and ground-level retail.
The Chicago City Council has approved financing for a mixed-use development at 1134 S Wood Street in the Illinois Medical District. Located on the northwest corner of W Roosevelt Road and S Wood Street, the project will replace an existing parking lot belonging to The Chicago Lighthouse who will operate the new facility. Chicago Lighthouse is partnering with Brinshore Development on the Landon Bone Baker Architects-designed structure which we last reported in late 2021.