The Community Development Commission approves Tax Increment Financing (TIF) for a residential development at 414 N Central Park Avenue in East Garfield Park. TIF is a publicly financed subsidy for local developments and is being applied for by developer Conservatory Apartments LLC. Designed by HED Architects, the project will replace a vacated parking lot for the former Laura Ward Elementary School which shuttered in 2013.
A full construction permit has been approved for Lincoln Park‘s 2650 N Racine Avenue, where the filing owner 2650 N Racine LLC has planned a three-story residential building with three total units. The structure will come with a rooftop deck with a stair enclosure and trellis, a basement level, front balconies on the second and third floors, and a rear staircase. Plans also call for a detached three-car garage with a rooftop deck.
Photos show the roof replacement for the prominent shed portion of Chicago’s Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. This replacement is one of the first key steps in a major adaptive re-use project that will transform the complex at 1357 N Elston Avenue into an office and entertainment venue.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the submission of the Ramova Theater located at 3518 S Halsted Street in Bridgeport to the National Historic Register. Designed by Chicago architect Meyer O. Nathan, the neighborhood theater opened simultaneously with its sister theater, the Music Box, in Lake View in 1929.
A construction permit has been approved for the site of 5523 S Indiana Avenue in the Washington Park neighborhood, where owner BGI LLC has planned a four-story, three-unit residential building. The new structure is set to include a rooftop deck and stair enclosure, as well as a front deck, a rear full-height porch, and a detached three-car garage with a rooftop deck.