The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Pentecostal Church of Holiness in North Lawndale. Formerly named Our Lady of Lourdes, the church is located at 4208 W 15th Street, at the intersection of W 15th Street and S Keeler Avenue. Originally constructed in 1932, the structure was designed by architect Louis Guenzel.
Full construction permits have been issued for a four-story mixed-use building located at 2420 W Grand Avenue in the southwest corner of West Town. Planned by Comet Development, the new building will house retail at ground level and 28 residential units above. Other features include a rooftop deck, a parking garage with 29 spaces, and an additional 12 spaces outside. The project is set to replace a single-story masonry commercial garage, whose demolition permits were issued last month.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Morton Salt Warehouse Complex in West Town. Addressed at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the complex is located at the intersection of N Elston Avenue and W Blackhawk Street. The eastern edge of the site is along the northern branch of the Chicago River. Blue Star Properties and R2 Companies are the developers and owners behind the complex.
Construction permits have been issued for a four-story mixed-use development at 4149 S Cottage Grove Avenue, near the eastern edge of Bronzeville. D.O.M. Properties is the filing owner, who plans 48 total units with two retail spaces. Parking will be split into 27 interior parking spaces and 23 exterior spaces. The new project will replace a currently vacant grass lot.