The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the redevelopment of the Armour Institute Building in Bronzeville. Located at 3300 S Federal Street, the structure is on the edge of the Illinois Institute of Technology campus next to the Metra tracks along W 33rd Street. MCM Company and Washington Park Development Group are the developers behind the project.
Partial construction permits have now been issued for a mixed-use development located at 4600 N Kenmore in Uptown. The project will involve the renovation of an existing two-story bank, as well as a new five-story building directly east. Developer Cedar St. Companies received approval this past February to develop the existing masonry building into a theater space. Meanwhile, the new construction will yield 2,500 square feet of ground-level retail, and 62 apartments on the upper floors.
Invest South/West has revealed the development schemes for its Bronzeville RFP site located at 449 E 47th Street in Bronzeville. The city-owned parcel is a corner property at the intersection of E 47th Street and S Vincennes Avenue. The approximately 26,300-square-foot site is currently vacant.
Equipment and fencing has begun to clear for Atrio Apartments, a near-complete renovation of an existing 18-story residential building in the Illinois Medical District. Situated at 1926 W Harrison Street, the redevelopment has been spearheaded by Marquette Properties and will offer 272 rental units once interior and exterior work concludes.
Zoning has been approved for a mixed-use development at 3333 N Lincoln Avenue by the western edge of Lake View. The project is planned by Sal Sutton of the applicant organization Chicago 3333 Lincoln, LLC.