The Chicago City Council has approved an affordable mixed-use development at 3401 W Ogden Avenue in North Lawndale. Located on the southwest corner with S Homan Avenue, the new building replaces an existing flat parking lot used by the nearby police station. Dubbed ‘Grace Manor’ the project is the product of a developer venture between East Lake Management and Jerusalem CDC with local architecture firm JGMA as the designer.
In West Loop‘s Fulton Market District, the site of 1020 W Randolph Street is now undergoing preparation for a five-story mixed-use building. This boutique 69-foot-tall project is being developed by L3 Capital, whose planned programming will consist consists of ground-floor retail with 22,000 square feet of office space above. There will also be a sixth-level amenity area with a penthouse enclosure and a 2,000-square-foot terrace.
A demolition permit was issued last week for a one-story masonry building located at 3501 S Union Avenue in the Bridgeport neighborhood. The building was formerly home of Morrie O’Malley’s Hot Dogs.
As facade work continues to progress for CA6 Condominiums, developer Belgravia Group has reported sales surpassing the 80 percent mark for this new West Loop edifice. Located at 305-323 S Racine Avenue, the seven-story residential building will house 72 for-sale units.
New details and renderings have been revealed for the upcoming expansions to the Shedd Aquarium at 1200 S DuSable Lake Shore Drive in Museum Campus. The efforts are part of the larger $500 million Centennial Commitment Program culminating in 2030, led by president and CEO Bridget Coughlin who is working with the local office of Valerio Dewalt Train on the design of the new structures. The additions along with internal renovations will bring the core 1930’s building up-to-par for the aquarium’s 21st century needs.