Permits were issued Tuesday for a new three-story residential building with a garage at 1528 N Elk Grove Avenue in West Town. The lot is currently occupied by a one-story single-family home. The owner is listed as The Volo Holdings LLC and plans indicate that the project will include two total units, a basement level, a rooftop deck with pergolas, front and rear decks, and a detached two-vehicle garage with its own rooftop deck. The property site is currently occupied by a frame residence.
Crown installation can be seen for the 60-story Salesforce Tower at 333 W Wolf Point Plaza in River North. The mixed-use, primarily office tower is the third and final phase of the Wolf Point masterplan, developed by Hines in partnership with the longtime landowner Joseph P. Kennedy Family. At a height of 850 feet, the tower makes a substantial appearance on the northwest corner of the skyline, particularly when looking southeast along the Kennedy Expressway.
New permits have been issued for the third structure set to rise within the North Union mega development at 232 W Chestnut Street in the Near North Side. Located towards the western end of the larger project on the intersection with N Franklin Street, the new building replaces two existing two-story structures currently being demolished. Developer JDL, most recently known for One Chicago, is showing no signs of stopping on the construction of the Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture designed complex.
New construction permits were issued this week for a new two-story frame duplex along with a detached frame garage at 1940 N Sawyer Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood. The permit’s owner has been listed as Karli Mayher and indicates that the garage will also include a roof deck. The lot is currently occupied by a frame structure.
An official groundbreaking has been held for the mixed-use development at 1134 S Wood Street in the Illinois Medical District. Located near the intersection with W Roosevelt Road, it replaces an existing surface parking lot belonging to one of the developers. That being the Chicago Lighthouse, a local non-profit, who is partnering with Brinshore Development and Landon Bone Baker Architects on the first-of-its-kind building.