The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 800 W Lake Street in Fulton Market. Located on the corner with N Halsted Street at the eastern edge of the neighborhood, the project is the latest iteration of proposals for the site that previously held a few commercial buildings. Developers Ascend Real Estate and Intercontinental Real Estate Group are working with GREC Architects on the current design.
Renovation work has made noticeable progress at Canal Station, located at 801 S Canal Street in South Loop. The six-story building now displays orange paint at the intersection of W Polk Street and Canal Street, near the Old Post Office. The property is owned by 601W Companies and is being developed alongside its leasing partner The Telos Group, with SCB overseeing the redesign.
4317 Paulina LLC has received a permit for a new residential development at 4317 N Paulina Street in Lake View. Replacing a two-story masonry residence, the new three-story structure will yield eight units. The project will come with various outdoor spaces including a roof deck, front decks spanning the first to third floors, and a rear first-story deck. Additional features include a trash enclosure and a basement. There will be eight total parking spaces, occupying both attached and detached garages with roof decks.
Facade work is now taking shape for a new three-story commercial structure at 151 N Michigan Avenue in New Eastside. Led by BJB Partners, the 74-foot project will replace a former single-story restaurant with 15,000 square feet of new commercial space.
The mixed-use development at 1840 N Marcey Street in Lincoln Park has advanced to be reviewed by the Committee on Zoning. Located west of N Clybourn Avenue and across the river from Lincoln Yards, the proposal will replace a one-story commercial building near the recently announced 2033 N Kingsbury Avenue. Developer Sterling Bay is working with local-firm SCB on its design, adding to all of their other surrounding projects.