Exterior restoration work of the Old Republic Building is well underway at 307 N Michigan Avenue in the northwest corner of The Loop. Originally designed by Vitzthum & Burns and completed in 1924, the 24-story commercial office and retail building was known as the Bell building until 1956 and designated as a landmark in 2010.
Permits have been issued for a three-story single-family residential building, located at 6229 S Ellis Avenue in Woodlawn. Filed under Lewis Korompilas, the structure will be one of six townhouses planned as part of the overall development, according to the recently issued filing. However, the filing mentioned that the other five structures were not covered in the current permit, and no additional permits have yet been issued. Currently the site is occupied by a three-story masonry residential building with an address of 6229-31 S Ellis Avenue. The exact layout of the six townhouses or whether additional property will be required is not currently known.
Construction is progressing on the multi-building development, PLSN Condos, located at 816-832 W Cullerton Street in Pilsen. The site is between S Halsted Street and S Peoria Street. The nearest public transportation is the 8 and 62 CTA bus routes, accessed at the Halsted and Cullerton stop, within a one-minute walk from the site. Public 2 LLC is the developer behind the project.
A permit have been issued to clear a three-story, mixed-use masonry building and a detached frame garage. With an official encompassing address of 1511-13 Irving Park Road in Irving Park, both the building and parcel are owned by 1511 Irving Park LLC, according to the recent filing.