Renderings have been revealed for the proposed RIU Plaza Hotel Chicago at 150 E Ontario Street in Streeterville. Vacant for more than ten years, the project site is an infill site off of N Michigan Avenue. The midblock location is bound by two adjacent buildings spanning the block between N Michigan Avenue and N St. Clair Street. The Prime Group is the developer behind the proposal.
Structural work has reached the third floor for a new four-story residential building, located at 2401 S State Street in Near South Side. Planned by City Pads, the the new development will house 19 units, 10 accessory parking spaces, and 33 bicycle spaces. The development will replace a previously vacant plot of land at the corner of S State Street and E 24th Street.
Four separate construction permits have been issued for four adjacent residential buildings, located at 1437-43 N California Avenue near the northwest corner of West Town. Developed by 1437 North California LLC, each of the two-story buildings will include two units, a basement, a rooftop deck and enclosure, a rear wooden porch, and a detached three-car garage. All four residences will replace a currently vacant grass lot.
Work has topped out for two six-story mixed-use buildings at 2310 S State Street and 2344 S State Street in Near South Side. These new structures mark the first phase of a larger development known as Southbridge, which is being developed by McCaffrey and The Community Builders. The current phase will house a mix of retail and 206 apartments, with both market-rate and affordable offerings available. Residents will also have access to various amenity spaces, including an exercise room, a community dining area, and a series of terraces.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the Pentecostal Church of Holiness in North Lawndale. Formerly named Our Lady of Lourdes, the church is located at 4208 W 15th Street, at the intersection of W 15th Street and S Keeler Avenue. Originally constructed in 1932, the structure was designed by architect Louis Guenzel.