Renderings have been revealed for a rebuilt State/Lake CTA L Station in The Loop. Located at the intersection of W Lake Street and N State Street, the station connects numerous CTA L Lines including the Green, Brown, Purple, Orange, and Pink Lines. Connections to the Red Line and multiple bus lines are also possible at this location. Built for the Chicago Transit Authority, the CTA is collaborating with the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) on the project.
Final touches are wrapping up for 12 connected townhomes at Vermillion Development‘s Alcove Wicker Park. This two-part development at 1648 W Division Street also includes a now-complete seven-story condominium for a total of 55 residences. Situated on a triangular lot bound by N Milwaukee Avenue and W Division Street in Wicker Park, the site is nestled behind other buildings to provide a secluded atmosphere despite having a central location.
Construction has officially commenced for a new seven-story parking structure at West Loop‘s 1371 W Randolph Street. The development, previously addressed as 1340 W Washington Boulevard, is a joint partnership between the Plumbers Local Union 130 and the Chicago Title & Trust Company. Located within the union’s campus, this new addition will provide the campus with parking 502 vehicles and 36 bikes. The building will come with additional retail space with a third-level terrace for outdoor dining.
Yesterday, owners of the Prairie Shores apartments celebrated the groundbreaking of a new two-story resident clubhouse in Bronzeville. Spearheaded by Chicago-based firms Golub & Company and Farpoint Development alongside Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group, the 17,510-square-foot structure will be nested between the 2901 and 2951 towers along Martin Luther King Drive. The five-tower Prairie Shores complex was purchased in 2019 and is undergoing a multi-phase renovation of its existing 1,675 residences, common spaces, and landscaping.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the demolition of Cenacle Convent at 513 W Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park. Located on an irregular parcel, the site is set back onto the interior of a block, fronting W Fullerton Avenue, N Cleveland Avenue, and N Cambridge Avenue. The property is located inside the Mid-North Historic District.