A construction permit has been granted for a residential development at 6427 S Rhodes Avenue in the West Woodlawn neighborhood. Owned by Champlain Rhodes, LLC, the project will feature a two-story building with two dwelling units and a basement, set to be constructed on a formerly vacant grass lot.
Located at 1002 South Racine Avenue in Chicago’s Little Italy neighborhood, construction is now above grade for a six-story mixed-use building. Developed by Related Midwest in partnership with the Chicago Housing Authority, the project is part of the Roosevelt Square Phase 3B masterplan. This sub-phase will yield three mixed-income apartment buildings, as well as a fourth building for The National Museum of Public Housing and an additional 15 residences with affordable options.
Zoning has been approved for the residential development at 4553 N Dover Street in Uptown. Located on the southeastern corner with W Wilson Avenue and spread across two structures on an L-shaped lot, the project will demolish a one-story commercial building after receiving some updates earlier this year. Now the development team of Ayman Khalil and Kareem Musawwir can move forward with the Axios Architects-designed building.
A construction permit has been issued for a new three-story, three-unit residence at 4605 S Langley Avenue in Bronzeville. The residential project reveals features such as a rear patio, a three-story rear porch/stairs, and parking for three vehicles. The listed owner is Jacobdabuilder Inc, with architectural plans developed by Hanna Architects. Currently, no drawings or designs have yet been posted.
Details have been revealed for the mixed-use expansion of the Black Ensemble Theater (BE) at 4453 N Clark Street in Uptown. Located directly across the street from the theater’s current home just south of the intersection with W Sunnyside Avenue, the new structure will expand the campus to create a cultural corridor. Originally imagined in 2009, the theater is now moving forward with enlarged plans dubbed ‘The Free To Be Village’ designed by Nia Architects, Gensler, and Site Design Group.