Two construction permits have been issued for a pair of two-story residential buildings located at 4735 and 4737 S Michigan Avenue in Bronzeville. Set to replace a vacant grass lot, the duo is being co-developed by GT Alternatives LLC and Kale Kakhiani. The new structures will come with three dwellings each, along with a basement, a two-car detached garage, and a separate ground-level parking spot.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a mixed-use development at 1838 N Elston Avenue in Bucktown. Located on a midblock site, the property is bounded by a one-story commercial building to the north, N Elston Avenue to the east, a two-story commercial structure to the south, and N Besly Court to the west. The Lincoln Yards development is located across the street to the east, while the Kennedy Expressway is nearby to the west. The property currently holds a one-story commercial building. JAB Real Estate is the developer behind the proposal.
The Community Development Commission has approved $2 million in Tax Increment Financing (TIF) money for the Oakwood Shores Phase 3 development in Bronzeville. Located on two parcels, the project is the third installment of the overall plan to replace the CHA Madden/Wells housing development. The first plot is at 616 E Pershing Road, with the second parcel located at 552 E 38th Street. Both sites are currently vacant parcels. The Community Builders is the developer behind the project.
Permits were issued earlier this month for a three-story, multi-unit residential building, situated at 1024 W Altgeld Street near the center of Lincoln Park. The filing’s listed owner is 1024 Altgeld LLC, with plans for two total dwellings, a basement, rear open decks on the first floor, and a rooftop deck area with pergolas and a stair enclosure. Residents will also have access to a two-car detached garage with a separate rooftop deck.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development proposed at 210 N Aberdeen Street in the West Loop. Consisting of an irregularly-shaped site, the property consists of an empty lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and N Aberdeen Street, the historic Arthur Harris Building along N Aberdeen Street located in the Fulton-Randolph Market Historic District, and a few one-story masonry buildings behind Arthur Harris fronting N May Street. LG Development Group is the developer behind the proposal.