The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has approved preliminary landmark status for the Illinois Bell Building in The Loop. Located at 225 W Randolph Street, the building stands at the corner of W Randolph Street and N Franklin Street. The tower rises 427 feet over 31 floors, and was constructed in 1965. The building was originally home to the headquarters of its namesake tenant, the Illinois Bell Telephone Company, while most recently home to AT&T offices.
Demolition is wrapping up for one of the two buildings at 911-923 W Fulton Market Street in West Loop. Permits were issued to Fulton St. Companies, a venture backed by Huizenga Capital Management, the properties were previously owned by wholesaler Nealey Foods in 2019.
Permits have been issued for a single-story commercial building at 6101 N Western Avenue in Chicago’s West Ridge neighborhood.
Photos show work is underway on the 21,000-square-foot, all-inclusive wellness club Bian in River North. Developed by Boka Group, the private club is located at the southern entrance of the seven-acre Montgomery Ward building, built in 1907.
The Community Development Commission has approved the request to advertise and issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the purchase and redevelopment of the properties located at 4300 W Roosevelt Road and 4301 W Fifth Avenue in North Lawndale. These lots are located in the Roosevelt/Cicero TIF Redevelopment Project Area, a 531-acre site characterized by industrial buildings and vacant industrial land.