Construction permits were issued this week for a new three-story residential building located at 1626 W 21st Place in Lower West Side’s Heart of Chicago. The occupying owner is listed under Wesley Oaks, with plans for three total units, an ornamental metal fence, and a rear three-car masonry garage. The development will replace a now-vacant lot with vegetation overgrowth.
The historic “Chicago Tribune” sign has been reinstalled at the rapidly progressing Tribune Tower Residences in Magnificent Mile. Previously occupied by the Chicago Tribune since its initial construction in 1925, the 34-story landmark was sold in 2018 upon the publication’s relocation to One Prudential Plaza. Co-developers CIM Group and Golub & Company are now converting the Gothic Revival icon at 435 N Michigan Avenue to house 162 condominiums alongside retail at the base and a swath of residential amenities.
The Chicago City Council has approved a mixed-use development at 817 W Lake Street in the West Loop. Located at the intersection of N Green Street and W Lake Street, the subject property is made up of two lots that will be combined. These include the original Subarea B from the Shapack Partners 167 N Green Street project and the existing structure at 817 W Lake Street. Sancerre Realty is the developer behind the proposal.
Permits were issued this past Tuesday for a three-story residential building located at 4024 S Calumet Avenue in Bronzeville. James Nahon is the listed owner, whose plans comprise of three total dwelling units, a rear open porch, multiple decks, and a detached three-car garage. The new structure will replace a currently vacant grass lot.