The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the adaptive reuse development at 4753 N Broadway in Uptown. Located on the southeastern corner of N Broadway and W Lawrence Avenue, the existing building is the former Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, now named the Bridgeview Bank Building. The Lawrence CTA L station, serviced by the Red Line, is within a two-minute walk. The 36 and 81 CTA bus routes can be accessed at the Broadway and Lawrence stop, directly adjacent to the site.
Work is rapidly nearing completion for a mixed-use, multi-building development known as 1100 W Fulton Market, located within West Loop‘s Fulton Market neighborhood. The project has been developed by Fulton St. Companies, with additional backing from Huizenga Capital Management. Herman Miller, which recently began leasing the 1100 W Fulton Market property, will serve as the single tenant for the buildings. Herman Miller’s new space will include its retail offerings and a showroom on the first floor, and accessory office space on the floors above.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential structure set to rise at 3012 W Lyndale Street in Logan Square. Filed under the owner name of 3012 W Lyndale LLC, the dual-unit building will feature a rooftop deck and enclosure, a roof-level trellis, and a rear deck. Parking will include a two-car garage, also with a rooftop deck. The new development will replace a two-story frame residence with a detached garage.
Construction has begun on a four-story residential development at 2401 S State Street in the Near South Side. The project is located at the southeastern corner of S State Street and E 24th Street. The nearest public transportation is the 29 CTA bus accessed at the State and 24th Street stop at the corner of the site. The Cermak-McCormick Place CTA L station, serviced by the Green Line, is a six-minute walk away. Real estate developer City Pads is in charge of the development.