Interior work is underway on Cunningham Hall, a nine-story residential building originally designed in 1955 by famous German architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, at the Illinois Institute of Technology. Located at 3100 S Michigan Avenue on the northeastern edge of the main campus in Bronzeville, the structure was built by Mies van der Rohe as part of his campus plan and used as on-campus apartments. Illinois Institute of Technology is leading the renovation of the building.
Construction permits have been issued for a four-story residential building at 719 N Elizabeth Street in West Town. JL Development LLC is behind the project, who last year received zoning approval to reduce the rear and side setbacks. The new structure will replace a currently vacant lot and yield five residential units, a rooftop deck and stair enclosure, a basement, and five exterior parking spaces on a concrete parking pad.
Exterior construction is now complete for a 13-story mixed-use building at 320 N Sangamon Street in West Loop. A joint effort by Tishman Speyer and Mark Goodman & Associates, the 270,000-square-foot project will house a mix of ground-level retail and office space on the above floors. Office floor plates will vary between 24,800 and 28,200 square feet, while stretching 13 feet from slab to slab.
After years of delay, construction is expected to begin this year on the Damen CTA Green Line station in the Near West Side. Planned for the intersection of N Damen Avenue and W Lake Street, the new station will add a new stop to the CTA Green Line, replacing a historic station closed in 1948.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building set for 2044 W Rice Street in West Town‘s Ukrainian Village. Filed under Alverna Group LLC, the new development will feature two total residences, a basement, rooftop deck, and a two-car garage with its own separate rooftop deck. The new structure is set to replace a two-story gabled masonry residence and a detached garage.