The 16-story mixed-use structure at 311 West Huron Street in River North is nearing facade completion. Developed by North Wells Capital, the 226-foot building primarily offers office spaces, with the ground floor designated for retail establishments. Spins has secured the top four office floors with an $88 million lease agreement.
The Chicago Community Development Commission has approved initial funding for the residential redevelopment at 6121 S Hermitage Avenue in West Englewood. Revitalizing the former Charles Earle Elementary School on the corner with W 61st Street, the multi-phase project will utilize all of the school’s surrounding land. It is being developed by Gorman & Company LLC and Phoenix Recovery Support Systems along with local design firm Beehyyve.
A demolition permit has been issued for the site at 126 W Grand Avenue in River North. The two-story masonry mixed-use building will be removed, having formerly housed a Rosati’s and office space above. According to a listing by @properties, the 4,300-square-foot building was being sold for $5.7 million. The listing also mentioned that four city lots were being sold at 122-128 W Grand Avenue, suggesting a possible larger development that may arise. However, it is unknown if the owner, BLJ Grand Holdings, has purchased the other three lots.
A groundbreaking has been held for a major new mixed-use development at 121 W Michigan Boulevard in Michigan City, Indiana. One of the furthest cities within the greater Chicagoland Metropolitan Area, the 32,000 person city is hoping to revitalize its downtown with its connection to Chicago. Led by YAB Development, who also helped develop Google and McDonald’s in Fulton Market, the project is being designed by Chicago’s Koo Architects.
Construction is nearing completion at 1629 N Burling Street in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. The residential project will house three residential units across its four floors. The property is owned by 1629 N Burling LLC.