Initial details have been revealed for a mixed-use development at 4454 N Western Avenue in Lincoln Square. Located on the southwest corner with W Sunnyside Avenue and directly across the street from Welles Park, the project would demolish and replace a vacant one-story commercial building with a multi-colored brick facade. The proposal comes to us from developer Gerard Coyle who is working with local architecture-firm 360 Design Studio.
A construction permit has been approved for a residential building at 2008 W 21st Street in Lower West Side’s Heart of Chicago. The new development, registered under the ownership of Mike Fox, will feature a three-story building with six dwelling units, taking the place of what is now a vacant lot.
Further details have been revealed for the mixed-use development at 375 N Morgan Street in Fulton Market. Located on the southeast corner with W Kinzie Street and directly behind the upcoming Guinness Open Gate Brewery, the proposed tower will be replacing a vacant lot along the existing train tracks in the growing neighborhood. Plans for the building are being led by developer LP Holdings 375 LLC with local firm Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture working on its design.
Punctuated by the new main entryway, renovation progress continues at the existing 801 S Canal Street, known as Canal Station, a five-story building located in the South Loop neighborhood. This redevelopment project, led by 601W Companies and The Telos Group, is transforming the building from a single-tenant office structure to a multi-use facility.
A construction permit has been granted for a mixed-use development at 1718 S Halsted Street in the northeast corner of Pilsen. The project, listed under the owner name 1700 Property LLC, will feature a four-story building with twelve residential units and ground-floor retail space. The parcel currently sits vacant with vegetation overgrowth.