An emergency demolition permit has been issued for a two-story, multi-unit building in the Engelwood neighborhood. The permit’s owner has been listed as the City of Chicago. As of now, no plans appear to have been submitted to upgrade the zoning designation for the property or for any future constructions.
Construction is now complete for a seven-story residential building known as 1400 Monroe, located at 1400 W Monroe Street near the southwest corner of West Loop. The developer, JK Equities, has provided a total of 42 condominium units, ranging from two- to four-bedroom layouts. While the majority of the units are now sold, the remaining eight units are three-bedroom residences, ranging from 1,668 square feet to 1,958 square feet, and beginning at $1 million.
The Chicago Department of Planning and Development has approved plans for a new mixed-use complex at 4458 S Cicero Avenue in Garfield Ridge. Dubbed the Le Claire Courts, the project would replace a large empty parcel of land owned by the Chicago Housing Authority that is bound by W 45th Street to the south, S Cicero Avenue to the east, the I-55 expressway to the north, and the name-bearing LeClair Courts-Hearst Park to the west. Developers Cabrera Capital Partners and The Habitat Company formed a large design team lead by Solomon Cordwell Buenz Architects for the sprawling project.
A demolition permit has been issued for a three-story, multi-unit building along with a detached garage at 2034 N Wolcott Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood. The permit’s owner has been filed under the name Sustainabuild LLC. A permit was issued in late August for a two-story single-family residence with a basement. The property will feature a rooftop deck with a rooftop stair enclosure, as well as a two-car detached garage.
Since YIMBY’s last site prep update in early September, work on ‘The Reed‘ has made significant progress, with its core having now risen substantially above grade. Situated as 234 W Polk Street in South Loop, the 41-story residential building is being developed by Lendlease, and is the second installation in a seven-acre, four-building development known as Southbank. The first to be complete in this larger plan was The Cooper, located directly east and completed in 2018.