Yesterday, the Chicago City Council approved a new zoning ordinance to upzone the property occupied by the Thompson Center, potentially clearing the way for a much taller development. Located at 100 W Randolph Street in The Loop, the 17-story government building was listed for sale earlier this month as the state has begun dispersing its downtown offices to other locations. One such location is the 429,000-square-foot 555 W Monroe Street, where nearly a third of the 3,400 state government employees have relocated.
Plans have been revealed for a proposed mixed-use development at 1320 W Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park. Located midblock between N Surrey Court and N Southport Avenue, the large rectangular parcel stretches from W Fullerton Avenue through to W Altgeld Street. The property is currently home to the Lakeshore Sport and Fitness Center, which will be retained on site. Lakeshore Sport and Fitness is in charge of the project.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-floor residential building located at 4244 S Wabash Avenue in Bronzeville. James Nahon is the owner for this project, whose filing description includes plans for three total units and a detached garage. The development is set to replace a formerly vacant grass parcel.
Renderings have been revealed for a proposed mixed-use development at 210 N Aberdeen Street in West Loop. Consisting of an irregularly-shaped site, the property consists of an empty lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and N Aberdeen Street, the historic Arthur Harris Building along N Aberdeen Street located in the Fulton-Randolph Market Historic District, and a few one-story masonry buildings behind Arthur Harris fronting N May Street. LG Development Group is the developer behind the proposal.
Only final touches remain for Elm 551 at Parkside, a three-building apartment complex at 551 W Elm Street in Near North Side. With Holsten Real Estate Development Corporation as the developer, the project is the latest milestone in a broader mixed-income masterplan known as Parkside of Old Town.