The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the rehabilitation of the Ludlow Typograph Building at 2032 N Clybourn Avenue in Lincoln Park. Sitting on the corner of N Clybourn Avenue and N Magnolia Avenue, the historical manufacturing building will see new life as a mixed-use development by Annexation LLC with designers GREC Architects. The structure and its two acres of land were recently bought from the previous owners for $15 million and sits adjacent to the Lincoln Yards mega-development.
Structural pieces for the new air traffic control tower are undergoing installation at Chicago O’Hare’s new $1.2 billion Terminal 5 expansion.
A permit was approved yesterday for a new three-story residential building at 1143 W Altgeld Street in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. The owner is listed as 1143 W Altgeld LLC, and the current plans indicate this project will yield two total dwelling units. The structure will also have a basement, a private rooftop deck with pergolas, as well as a detached three-car garage. The development will replace a previous structure on the site.
This week, Chicago YIMBY stopped by the Tribune Tower Residences, the newly open condominium conversion at Tribune Tower. The 34-story, 462-foot-tall former publishing headquarters is situated at prominently at 435 N Michigan Avenue along Magnificent Mile.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the rehabilitation of the old Engine Company 84, Truck 51 firehouse at 6204 S Green Street in Englewood. Led by developer Englewood Connect LLC, the renovation is the first phase of the larger 4.28-acre project hoping to bring a healthy lifestyle hub to the neighborhood near the existing Whole Foods. Designers Skidmore, Owings & Merrill took into consideration the historical design of the building many in the Fire Department refer to as ‘The Castle’.