The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has granted approval to a new building at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the development looks to demolish a one-story bank with drive-through and construct a new five-story structure with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The project is being led by L3 Capital, who will also be applying for a zoning ordinance for the site.
Site preparation is underway for the final two structures of a five building development called West Loop Collection. The 40-unit condominium complex is being developed by POGN Development at 240 S Green Street. Photos show fencing and equipment on the lot where the remaining two buildings will rise, with the site for the fourth structure already partially excavated.
Photos taken yesterday show construction mockups and other equipment on the site of Fulton Market‘s 345 N Morgan Street, in preparation of the future 11-story office building. The structure will replace a previously-demolished single-story commercial building, adding 230,000 square feet of total floor space to the pool of new office developments rising in the West Loop neighborhood.
The final decision on passing the landmarking of the proposed Pilsen Historic District has been pushed off until 2021, after the Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) and the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) requested a six-month extension from Chicago City Council. This extension will push the decision until the end of January 2021, with the final landmark decision going into effect on February 1st, 2021 if no other action is taken.