With mainly landscaping work now remaining, exterior construction has been completed for Onni‘s 33-story residential building dubbed Onni Fulton Market, located at 354 N Union Avenue in Fulton River District. At 410 feet in height, the Onni-developed tower will provide 373 new rental apartments to a rapidly growing cluster of high rises at the northwest corner of downtown.
The Chicago City Council has approved initial funding for the adaptive reuse of the Armour Institute building at 3300 S Federal Street in Bronzeville. Located on the western end of the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) campus, it is commonly known as the main building, or main, by students and used to be the heart of the college in its earlier days as the Armour Institute. The renovation efforts are being co-led by MCM Company and Washington Park Development Group with local architecture firm Pappageorge Haymes working on its design.
Initial permits have been approved for the mixed-use development at 1203 N California Avenue in Humboldt Park. Located on the northeast corner with W Division Street, the upcoming structure received foundation permits and will replace a vacant lot across the street from the neighborhood’s namesake park. The team at the locally based Hispanic Housing Development Corporation are leading the project with Chicago-based Pappageorge Haymes Partners working on its design.
Now that structural work has reached the 25th floor, glass and metal cladding are beginning to take shape on CMK Companies’ 1400 S Wabash Avenue, a 30-story mixed-use high rise in South Loop. The tower will be 350 feet tall and include ground-level retail space as well as 299 rental units.
DAC Developments is now disassembling the tower crane at 808 N Cleveland Avenue, a 23-story mixed-use tower in Near North Side. The topped-out high rise is taking the place of an overgrown trapezoidal piece of land. Programming will include 7,500 square feet of retail space, 20,000 square feet of leasable offices, and 200 for-rent apartments.