Construction permits were recently issued for a four-story residential building located at 2141 W Belmont Avenue in West Lakeview. Filed under the owner name 2141 W Belmont LLC, the project will house a total of three dwellings. In addition, the new development will feature a rooftop deck and stair enclosure, a rear full-height porch, and a basement. Parking will comprise of a three-car detached garage topped with a separate rooftop deck. The property was formerly occupied by a two-floor frame residence.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the final landmark recommendation for the former Schlitz Brewery-Tied House located at 1393 W Lake Street. Located in the West Loop, the building is placed on a corner lot at the intersection of W Lake Street and the vacated N Loomis Street. The property is just off of N Ogden Avenue.
Exterior work is approaching the finish line for a six-story mixed-use development situated at 2755 N Milwaukee Avenue in Logan Square. R.P. Fox & Associates is the developer, whose plans comprise of ground-level retail split into four segments, as well as 60 apartments on the upper five floors. Prior to development, the roughly half-acre property was occupied by a single-story bakery and a parking lot.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building penned for 1315 W Cullerton Street in Pilsen. TM-1 Inc. is the listed owner, whose plans comprise of three total units, a rooftop deck and stair enclosure, a basement, a rear deck on the third and fourth floors, and a rear staircase stretching the full height of the building. The development will also come with a detached three-car garage with an additional rooftop deck. The new construction will replace a previously vacant lot.
Exterior work is wrapping up for Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation‘s Emmett Street Apartments in Logan Square. Located at 2614 N Emmett Street, the seven-story mixed-use building is set to house 4,300 square feet of ground-floor retail, 100 affordable units, and office space for building management. Prior to development, the 0.9-acre property was occupied by a surface-level parking lot.