Photos taken yesterday show construction mockups and other equipment on the site of Fulton Market‘s 330 N Green Street, in preparation of the future 18-story office building. The structure will replace a previously-demolished two-story commercial edifice, adding 670,418 square feet of total floor space to the pool of new office developments rising in the West Loop neighborhood.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has approved a proposal to alter the façade of the Art Institute of Chicago at 111 S. Michigan Avenue in the Historic Michigan Boulevard District. The proposal comes from the Art Institute, looking to update the face of the original Allerton Building that fronts Michigan Avenue and the rest of the Loop.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks (CCL) has granted approval to a new building at 1020 W Randolph Street in the West Loop. Located within Fulton-Randolph Market District, and the northeast corner of W Randolph Street and N Carpenter Street, the development looks to demolish a one-story bank with drive-through and construct a new five-story structure with mechanical enclosure, penthouse, and rooftop deck. The project is being led by L3 Capital, who will also be applying for a zoning ordinance for the site.
Site preparation is underway for the final two structures of a five building development called West Loop Collection. The 40-unit condominium complex is being developed by POGN Development at 240 S Green Street. Photos show fencing and equipment on the lot where the remaining two buildings will rise, with the site for the fourth structure already partially excavated.