In the third installment of our “Lost Legends” series, we turn our attention to a pair of antennas atop that were once perched at Marina City complex’s West Tower, earning the building the title of tallest structure in the city from 1964 to 1969 before the John Hancock Center was completed.
A new mixed-use project is set to replace a three-story masonry residence at 3019 N Lincoln Avenue in Lake View. The narrow four-story construction will yield three residential units atop a ground-floor retail space. The project is being led by Volo Holdings LLC, while Hanna Architects is serving as the architect of record.
The 30-story mixed-use tower at 160 N Morgan Street in Fulton Market District has reached its final height of 350 feet. The project is a joint venture by Sterling Bay and Ascentris, who are bringing 282 rental apartments and two floors of retail space to the rapidly developing neighborhood.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the commercial development at 756 E 111th Street in Pullman. Located on the corner with S Ellis Avenue just east of the Pullman National Historical Park, the new structure will replace a vacant lot surrounded by other new businesses like Culvers and Potbelly as well. Developer Cup O’ Joe Coffee LLC is working with Edafos Studio on the two-story structure which has seen some revisions since announced last year.
Construction permits have been issued for a new mixed-use development at 1950 W Lawrence Avenue in North Center. The project, owned by Northcenter Loan Acquisition LLC, will replace a single-story commercial building that received a demolition permit on March 14.